Thursday, November 19, 2015

Knit- This week in knitting

I've been frantically sewing, and then frantically knitting...

sarahs stockingsC (1 of 1)

I am getting these commissioned vintage stockings done before thanksgiving...

sarahs stockingsB (1 of 1)

sarahs stockingsA (1 of 1)

I am also finishing up a cowl and a baby blanket as examples for a crochet experiment... more on that later!!

crochet cowl1 (1 of 1)

crochet cowl2 (1 of 1)

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Photography- what I haven't shown you from the last couple months...

emma (1 of 1)

I know that I have been absent

soup nessie1 (1 of 1)

I've been hunting the Loch Soup Monster

window playing (1 of 1)

Observing the naturally wild brothers catching pokemon in their underwear

mom style 3 (1 of 1)

Modeling my mom gear and naturally Chronic B face

girl scout pillows2 (1 of 1)

Teaching the younger generations to sew and decorate

astoria bridge (1 of 1)

traveling over long long Young's bay bridges

caples2 (1 of 1)

and documenting fashion past

caples1 (1 of 1)

Monday, November 16, 2015

Teach- Apron Sewing and Tv debuts

apron3 (1 of 1)

Wednesday we've got a fun treat in the Nic and Figs shop! Not only am I teaching an Apron class, but there will be a Kombucha class in progress and there will be TV cameras on site! The cameras will not be focused on my portion of the teaching space, but we will be in the periphery!

apron4 (1 of 1)

For that reason we are offering 25% off your class fee: enter FOX25 at checkout to get your discount!

apron2 (1 of 1)

Aprons are a great way to make something for yourself or for a family member or friend.  You can choose between a traditional adjustable apron, or this cross back number in the pictures.  I prefer the criss-cross myself, but you get to make this custom to your preferences. Hope to see you there!

apron5 (1 of 1)

Sunday, November 15, 2015

photography- saying goodbye part 1

Ridge2 (1 of 1)

When my father figure died, he was cremated. We have been trying to figure out the best time and place to let his ashes go, but haven't figured it out yet exactly.  The years have gone by.
Finally, we decided to just start and every week, we will go to another of his favorite spots, or spots we remember him and let a little of him go.  It happens that his birthday would have been this week as well...

Ridge1 (1 of 1)

Before he passed he had been traveling for work.  Every weekend while he was in a new place, he'd take this gnome and like Travelocity, they would roam. So the gnome came with us too. It's only fair.

Ridge3 (1 of 1)

We chose to start with the ridge behind Rainier Oregon. This little town was where we lived when we met him, and we would travel the "uppie downies" with him giggling all the way.

Goodbye Papa Mark

Ridge4 (1 of 1)

And then we were covered in human ash...

Ridge5 (1 of 1)

PS Sometimes I forget that I am the smallest yet the eldest of my sisters... until we stand together for a picture.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

photography- belated Halloween

I've been really busy lately! I've got some things in progress, and I will update you as it goes.  For now, here's our belated Halloween pics!

11 (1 of 1)

I whipped up some outfits for the boys from Charming Doodle Knight hoodies, Murphy went minion, Hawley went clone trooper. I also made a washi tunic from my favorite ghastlies.

7 (1 of 1)

Unfortunately I was sick on Halloween.  The boys did their best to be patient and not get to ramped up so that I could be a little less uncomfortable.

13 (1 of 1)


Wednesday, November 4, 2015

teaching: I love dogs!

The last few weeks have been rough around here. We have been feeling the seasonal changes, the time changes, and the lack of our own space.  We have also felt the love and support of friends and family.  We are blessed in so many ways, and yet... I wish we were ready for a dog RIGHT NOW!

i love dogs1 (1 of 1)

To tide me over, I've got a class on Saturday that is for the dogs!

i love dogs4 (1 of 1)

We will be making a laminate placemat for dog bowls (or cats... I suppose...) and a coordinating leash! If there is leftover time we will make a stuffed bone toy as well!

i love dogs2 (1 of 1)

There are still a couple spots left, sign up at Nic and Figs to pamper your pet!!

i love dogs3 (1 of 1)

Monday, October 19, 2015

photography- pumpkin patch

I'm over on the Madre Beads Blog today sharing our Pumpkin Patch adventure! Get on over there and check it out...

pumpkin patch4 (1 of 1)